Crystal Report RRS feed

• Question

• User2084680038 posted

What is Crystal Report in asp.net

Saturday, July 5, 2014 7:46 AM

Answers

• User281315223 posted

Crystal Reports is a system of components that is commonly used within ASP.NET applications for designing and generating reports. It allows you to access your databases, generate queries to organize the data and customize the appearance of how the data will be presented in the Report itself.

In early versions of ASP.NET, it was the standard method for generating SQL-based reports within Web Applications (from 2003 to 2008). It was later replaced in favor of Microsoft's SQL Server Reporting Services (commonly known as SSRS), which is still one of the standard ways to generate reports within Web Forms applications today.

Opinion

My experiences (along with many other colleagues) has never been very positive with Crystal Reports. Personally, I have never been a big fan of them and found them a bit harder to work with than some of the others mentioned. I would highly recommend considering SQL Reporting Services.

If you need some additional resources or discussions, check out the following resources :

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, July 5, 2014 8:19 AM