none
Question... RRS feed

• Question

• I have .net framework 2.0 3.0 and 3.5 SP 2 SP2 and SP1 Do I need all three or should I remove all but one?
    Monday, April 16, 2012 10:31 PM

Answers

• Hi bobedcar,

i advised you to don't uninstall any framework. you can not easily find out application framework version.

if you uninstall .net framework may be your some application may be not work.

any reason to uninstall specific version of framework ?

Regards,

Vanya

• Proposed as answer by Alexander Sun Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alexander Sun Tuesday, May 8, 2012 3:30 AM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 9:27 AM
  • All the versions you listed are actually all parts of ONE .NET Framework.

,NET Framework 2.0 is the base, full, framework. 3.0 and 3.5 are extensions to 2.0. They are NOT complete frameworks and cannot stand on their own. Thus, you have no option to (for example) remove 2.0 and keep 3.5.

The various .NET Frameworks are needed to support software you have installed on your system. As Vanya.1982 told you, removing any installed .NET Framework will probably cause some of your programs to stop working. I agree with him that removal is not a good idea.

If your concern is about disc space, please ask about safe ways to recover disc space for your Windows version here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system

• Edited by Alexander Sun Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:26 AM Edit the Windows Answers forum link
    • Proposed as answer by Alexander Sun Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:26 AM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 2:04 PM

All replies

• Hello,

It depends on the dependecy of the applications installed. Please check it and then uninstall the non required versions.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:27 AM
  • Hi bobedcar,

i advised you to don't uninstall any framework. you can not easily find out application framework version.

if you uninstall .net framework may be your some application may be not work.

any reason to uninstall specific version of framework ?

Regards,

Vanya

• Proposed as answer by Alexander Sun Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:20 AM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 9:27 AM
  • All the versions you listed are actually all parts of ONE .NET Framework.

,NET Framework 2.0 is the base, full, framework. 3.0 and 3.5 are extensions to 2.0. They are NOT complete frameworks and cannot stand on their own. Thus, you have no option to (for example) remove 2.0 and keep 3.5.

The various .NET Frameworks are needed to support software you have installed on your system. As Vanya.1982 told you, removing any installed .NET Framework will probably cause some of your programs to stop working. I agree with him that removal is not a good idea.

If your concern is about disc space, please ask about safe ways to recover disc space for your Windows version here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system

• Edited by Alexander Sun Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:26 AM Edit the Windows Answers forum link
    • Proposed as answer by Alexander Sun Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:26 AM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 2:04 PM