I cant get clipping path to work in expression web! RRS feed

• Question

• I can get it to work in illustrator, is it differnt? Make path, save path, clipping path, save as an eps..... I tried using microsoft design and it clipped the background but came in with a white background! I am loosing my mind with this simple task... PLease help!
    Wednesday, March 26, 2008 5:33 PM

All replies

• bedford needs help said:

I can get it to work in illustrator, is it differnt? Make path, save path, clipping path, save as an eps..... I tried using microsoft design and it clipped the background but came in with a white background! I am loosing my mind with this simple task... PLease help!

Are you REALLY trying to make a path work in Expression WEB ??
    Answer; No you can't.
    You can make paths in Expression DESIGN however.

Thursday, March 27, 2008 1:47 AM
  • Clipping masks work in Design pretty much like it does in Illustrator. But you don't save a path before making a clipping path. Just create the path, place it over the object you want to clip and then create the clipping path. You'll then need to isolate the image using crop marks (unless you create an image slice and then you can export the slice.)

Design doesn't export to .eps but you can use .png, which is better if you want to use it on a web page.
    Annie
    Thursday, March 27, 2008 7:14 PM
  • As Annie says.

If the path is to be used repeatedly it is a good idea to place the source path of a layer of its own.

However, it is easy to unclip a clipper.
    Thursday, March 27, 2008 9:45 PM
  • Thank you so much for you reply... I have got the clip to work in design, but it comes in with a white background?
    Wednesday, April 9, 2008 12:04 AM
  • I'm not sure what you mean by "it comes in with a white background." The background in Design appears white but it is actually transparent. Is this what you mean?
    Annie
    Wednesday, April 9, 2008 1:54 AM