Reporting Service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

What is the difference if we add reporting services in the current instance and if we install as seperate instance?

During installation there is one option to select features. We can select database engine, ssis, ssrs. But the problem is that we cannot access reporting services from management studio. So I am thinking why we add this feature during database installation.

Thanks

• Moved by Olaf HelperMVP Tuesday, May 14, 2013 4:25 AM Moved from "SQL Database Engine" to a more related forum for a bettter response
    Monday, May 13, 2013 9:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Follow the steps in the link below to install and configure right your reporting services:

http://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertutorial/227/install-reporting-services/

André CR / Helped? If the answer is yes mark! If the answer is no, wait a little bit because i'll back! Visit my blog! sqlmagu.blogspot.com.br

Monday, May 13, 2013 10:57 PM
  • Adding the feature during installation installs the Reporting Services binaries. You will use the Reporting Services Configuration Manager to configure the reporting services instance. Accessing the administration console is via a web browser

Edwin Sarmiento SQL Server MVP
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 12:40 AM
  • Hi Learner,

What's the error when you try to access reporting services from management studio. You should use the account who you set in the Service Configuration step when install Reporting Services to access reporting services from management studio. Please refer to the link below to ensure that you have install Reporting Services successfully.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Charlie Liao Monday, May 20, 2013 1:37 AM
    Wednesday, May 15, 2013 2:55 AM