Add-In - dropdown combo controls? for .txt files? RRS feed

• Question

• Wanted to know if dropdown combo controls can be added for other txt files.  By default there in c#, but if I wanted to enable them for a .txt file or another text file type, can I switch it on and populate it from an Add-in plugin?

Thanx,

Ben
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 6:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Ben,

Do you mean you want to see the Dropdown Combo Control in a .txt file in Visual Studio? If so, as far as I know, it's a function of CSharp Editor, if you want to use it, you can try to use CSharp Editor to open .txt file in Visual Studio.

If I misunderstood you, or you have any questions, please let me know.

Best Regards,
    Nancy
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Nancy Shao Wednesday, March 17, 2010 3:41 AM
    Friday, March 12, 2010 2:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Ben,

Do you mean you want to see the Dropdown Combo Control in a .txt file in Visual Studio? If so, as far as I know, it's a function of CSharp Editor, if you want to use it, you can try to use CSharp Editor to open .txt file in Visual Studio.

If I misunderstood you, or you have any questions, please let me know.

Best Regards,
    Nancy
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Nancy Shao Wednesday, March 17, 2010 3:41 AM
    Friday, March 12, 2010 2:52 AM
  • Hi Nancy,
      really wanted to add the types combo thats at the top of each file you open in visual studio.  The combo box dropdown with the classes, functions etc.

You can do it with a language service pack, but I wondered if there was a hacky way of doing it with a visual studio AddIn instead.

So for custom files, such as .txt files or .my files I could add removed elements from the drop down.

Thanx,

Ben

Friday, March 12, 2010 8:53 AM
  • Hi Ben,

As far as I know, Add-in does not support this way. This function is associated with the editor, if you want to achieve this function, you can write your custom editor using VSPackage.

Best Regards,
    Nancy
    Monday, March 15, 2010 7:43 AM