none
How to create filter driver between MouHID.sys and HIDClass.sys? RRS feed

• Question

• I need to create filter driver between MouHID.sys and HIDClass.sys,

Should I use toaster filter for starting point? and how can I do for it?

Because my touchpad project has add extra information to standard mouse report,

what I think is to intercept the mouse report and split into two different report and

then I can get the extra information from user-mode application.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:12 AM

Answers

• your best bet is probably going to be the firefly sample as it also reads extra data from the device. you will need to create a raw pdo to communicate with user mode, mouclass will block your application from opening a handle.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, November 20, 2015 7:56 AM

All replies

• your best bet is probably going to be the firefly sample as it also reads extra data from the device. you will need to create a raw pdo to communicate with user mode, mouclass will block your application from opening a handle.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, November 20, 2015 7:56 AM
  • Hi, Doron, 

Thanks for you help. 

So can I do the following steps to get this extra information?

to get the mouse report and extract the extra information on FireflyEvtIoDeviceControl(new added by me) and store this information on a memory buffer, then application can send IOCTL to raw pdo on filter driver to get the data on this memory buffer.

But I think this method has a problem that the memory buffer may be overflow.

So do you have any advice about it? thanks a lot.

Friday, November 20, 2015 11:55 AM
  • a few options

1) create a ring buffer with a fixed number of slots

2) for each data you want to report, create a WDFMEMORY and insert it into a WDFCOLLECTION

3) require the app to pend multiple IOCTLs so that you always have a WDFREQUEST on the PDO to complete

Saturday, November 21, 2015 5:14 AM
  • I have finished my touchpad driver, thanks a lot for help
    Tuesday, November 24, 2015 1:23 AM