none
Spider Solitaire: More Difficult To Win In Vista RRS feed

• Question

• I know this has been posed before. However, I have tested this in XP premium and Vista 64x premium.

After playing literally 1000s of Spider Solitaire games, I feel I can safely say, The game is "fixed" to stop you in Vista. PC out of box and the game is okay for about 24 games and then slowly becomes more and more difficult to win. Even when re-dealing for a best hand. Re-formating OS and the game gets easy again.

I played 1000s of times in XP and can consistantly keep a winning average of 85%, up to 800 games played, test after test. After 1000s of games in Vista, I cannot come close to that, only holding an average of 50%, after 800 games played and constant, test after test.

Eventually, Spider Solitaire becomes so difficult, you cannot even win 3 games in a row, after playing 200 and more games!

Maybe a developer at Microsoft, thought it would be a nice joke, to slip in some hidden code?

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 7:29 PM

Answers

• CrybKeeper,

If you've seen this posted before I'll guarantee it wasn't on this forum. This forum is dedicated to customization of Microsoft Project, a planning and scheduling application. I suggest you find a more appropriate forum to post your question, perhaps on the forum where you did see it posted before.

John

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 10:36 PM

All replies

• CrybKeeper,

If you've seen this posted before I'll guarantee it wasn't on this forum. This forum is dedicated to customization of Microsoft Project, a planning and scheduling application. I suggest you find a more appropriate forum to post your question, perhaps on the forum where you did see it posted before.

John

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 10:36 PM
  • I agree John, but this forum gave me no other choices. Seems the forum here is "fixed" as well. I cannot find an appropriate forum. No general forums, No game forums, no nothing actually. Am I looking in the wrong places?
    Wednesday, December 26, 2012 11:28 PM
  • CrybKeeper,

I don't understand your comment about how this forum gave you no other choices. You pick the forum to post to. Try the following:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/whatforum/threads

John

Thursday, December 27, 2012 2:02 AM