Custom Approval Task form in Workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have approval workflow with customized info path Approval task. I have added two additional fields to approval task content type as well as on the form.

When I fill in the data for those two custom fields and click on approve, it doesn't save the data. I tried adding these fields multiple times, but it doesn't show up.

Is there any setting which I am missing?

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 11:21 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

How did you customize the approval task form?

Did you add two task form field in the default task form?

I have created an approval workflow in SPD and added two custom field in Task Form Fields, then it works fine.

Please try to create a new approval workflow in other list to test.

If you created a custom workflow task content type, you can refer to:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sharepointdesigner/2012/09/14/how-to-manipulate-the-task-form-with-sharepoint-designer-for-new-task-actions/

Thanks,

Dean Wang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Dean_Wang Wednesday, March 23, 2016 12:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by Swetha Monpara Wednesday, March 23, 2016 1:30 PM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2016 5:46 AM
  • Hello Dean

Actually, I was adding column from existing columns. When I added as new column on the task form from sharepoint designer, it worked.

Thanks again for your response.

Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:57 PM
  • Hi,

If my reply is helpful to you, you can mark as answer.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 12:15 PM