App published but update not available on the store yet RRS feed

• Question

• I had two apps finish certification on the same day which was 3/12.  I got an update for one within 24 hours.  For the other, it has now been 6 days.  I can search for the app on the store and it shows the updated version number but I can't update it.  I had someone install it clean and they didn't get the newest version of the app.

I've generally had to wait at most 48 hours for published apps to be available from the store and I'm starting to get concerned.  My app has to be available in two weeks when the baseball season starts and I'm already getting low reviews because my 2013 season update isn't available yet.

Any suggestions?  I was planning on submitting another update and seeing if that one would push out.

Marc

Sunday, March 17, 2013 9:12 PM

Answers

• Hello Marc,

The best way for us to assist you would be if you create a support request with developer support. Please be sure to include the app name and Product ID when you describe your issue to the support team.

-Eric

Monday, March 18, 2013 5:50 PM
  • Updating with the resolution.

Changing the version number in the web form on the submission did not fix the problem.  I had to revert the version number in the app manifest xml file to 1.0.0.0.  I had updated it in my previous submission as I thought it controlled the version of my app.

So in summary, leave the xml version number unchanged and only update your app version on the web site.

Marc

Saturday, March 30, 2013 5:11 PM

All replies

• Hello Marc,

The best way for us to assist you would be if you create a support request with developer support. Please be sure to include the app name and Product ID when you describe your issue to the support team.

-Eric

Monday, March 18, 2013 5:50 PM
  • Hey Eric,

Thanks, I submitted my request based on your instructions above.  Hopefully, I gave you enough information to track down the problem but feel free to email me if you need more.

I'm currently blocked on submitting a new update to the app as I'm hitting the same problem other people are reporting where the app is stuck in "not submitted" mode so I don't have the option of going that route.

Marc

Monday, March 18, 2013 8:22 PM
  • For others out there, I was told to resubmit but use a different version number.  The assessment from the store team was that I might have accidentally used a version number I'd used before for this app so the store was getting confused and defaulting back to the previous release.

I updated the version number in the store submission and resubmitted.  I'll report back if that solves the problem.

I did not increase the version in the application manifest so if just updating the store version doesn't work, I'll try that next.

Marc

Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:41 PM
  • Updating with the resolution.

Changing the version number in the web form on the submission did not fix the problem.  I had to revert the version number in the app manifest xml file to 1.0.0.0.  I had updated it in my previous submission as I thought it controlled the version of my app.

So in summary, leave the xml version number unchanged and only update your app version on the web site.

Marc

Saturday, March 30, 2013 5:11 PM