none
Issues building TableDump (OLEDB Conformance Tests) RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to build TableDump project in VS2010 (this is part of OLEDB Conformance Tests from MDAC 2.8 SDK) in order to prepare an OLEDB provider for the Windows 2008 Server Certification. Linking stage returns 51 errors like:

1>privlib.lib(crowset.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual long __stdcall CTestCases::GetName(wchar_t * *)" (?GetName@CTestCases@@UAGJPAPA_W@Z)

1>privlib.lib(CRow.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class CSuperLog & __thiscall CSuperLog::operator<<(wchar_t const *)" (??6CSuperLog@@QAEAAV0@PB_W@Z)

The privlib was built successfully. What could be done to fix the "unresolved external symbol" errors?

P.S. Microsoft documentation says: "To obtain the conformance tests, you must install the standalone MDAC 2.8 SP1 SDK." However, I was able to find only "MDAC 2.8 SDK." Could that cause the issue?

P.P.S. I noticed that some articles mention Vista SDK as an origin for better OLEDB conformance suite. However, when I installed Windows SDK 6.1 and 7.0, I have not been able to locate the Conformance Tests files. Is that a red herring?

Sunday, January 9, 2011 8:36 PM

All replies

• I found solution: I have installed Window 7 SDK and compiled Conformance Tests from "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0\Samples\dataaccess\oledb_conformance".

Microsoft MSDN Team: would you please update online documentation to point to correct location of the Conformance Tests?
    Friday, January 14, 2011 3:49 PM