How to set the default value for the field = the domain user name ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi !

MDS 2012

How to set the default value for the field = the domain user name?

and deny to change it anyone ?

I want to see which of the user added record (or last edited).

from Moscow with Love

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 8:46 AM

Answers

• I think to keep with a slightly better paradigm:

Create a view and pull your user data from there and not the actual entity table In the view the name is already "expanded" and its in the

[LastChgUserName]

column. Then Etl it with a job or anything else via Staging back to the entity if that is what you want. Or just pick it up in the View with the rest of the data if this is going to be needed for some external process.

-----------

Moscva ato kak derevnia ? :)

• Marked as answer by superbluesman Monday, January 13, 2014 6:27 AM
    Friday, January 10, 2014 2:30 PM

All replies

• There are standard columns on every entity table containing this audit information (e.g. LastChgUser). If you need to display this in the UI, you could have a SQL process that periodically copies these values from this table column into an attribute of your choosing via staging.

Val Lovicz
    http://www.profisee.com
    val.lovicz@profisee.com
    As the original creators of Microsoft MDS, Profisee's Master Data Maestro provides a range of enterprise-grade functionality to ensure MDS project success.

• Proposed as answer by Val Lovicz Thursday, January 9, 2014 8:46 PM
    Thursday, January 9, 2014 8:46 PM
  • I think to keep with a slightly better paradigm:

Create a view and pull your user data from there and not the actual entity table In the view the name is already "expanded" and its in the

[LastChgUserName]

column. Then Etl it with a job or anything else via Staging back to the entity if that is what you want. Or just pick it up in the View with the rest of the data if this is going to be needed for some external process.

-----------

Moscva ato kak derevnia ? :)

• Marked as answer by superbluesman Monday, January 13, 2014 6:27 AM
    Friday, January 10, 2014 2:30 PM