none
Line Chart: Vertical series points RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I had question about line chart displaying series vertically. I had posted this question in http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vsreportcontrols/thread/1d92f7d6-8b2a-4979-9b65-cc73c36c2f7a. Since I didn't received any reply for this, I am started the new question with example project.

Graph 1 contains Sum(Value) as Data Field value and SNo as Category field. And when I update with the actual data it produce proper line graph

I wanted same graph in 90 degree clockwise rotation. Hence i did a workaround such away that I assigned Value in Category field and SNo in Data Field. And Reversed the SNo axis. When I executed the program, graph looks fine, but it will ignore duplicate Value. In example attached you can see 3 and 6 contains same value, hence 6th point is ignored in the Graph 2. Same for 1 and 10th point.

Can any one tell me how can I fix this issue. Is there any work around. Or Is this a bug in reportViewer???

And also I need to know Is the any way to auto resize the chart control. i.e. If the chart contains many values, is there any way chart control can self adjust to show all the points.

Thanks in advance

Hi, There r some problems in menu... when first time i am pressing short cut keys operation s perfor

Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:17 AM

All replies

• OK. I got the solution for auto scaling the chart using dynamic height and width. But when i generate the report with values, the whole graph with be shown in single page rather than different pages specially when there are more number of points. I used Page Break, then also it's not working.I have done a workaround by keeping many charts and specifying the Minimum and Maximum axis value.  But is there any other easy way from which i can solve this????

It's very sad that i didn't get any reply for my previous questions. Hoping that i may get atleast for this.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, There r some problems in menu... when first time i am pressing short cut keys operation s perfor

Friday, June 15, 2012 9:15 AM