none
Visual Studio 2015 paste from clipboard into Output pane?

Question

• I need the ability to paste from the clipboard into the Output pane. I would like the pane name to be something other than "Build" or the other standard pane names, perhaps "User". Allowing me to set the pane name would be a plus.

Is there any type of command, and I am open to using an extension, that offers this capability?

Regards,

Frank

Frank

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 8:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Frank,

According to your description, you want to create custom Output pane name for Visual Studio 2015, is it right?

As far as I know, there doesn't has such command for Visual Studio and if you want to implement, we can create a VSIX extension for our Visual Studio by our self. Please refer to following MSDN document about how to extend the Output Window.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb166236.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

If there has any problem when creating this VSIX extension for Visual Studio, please post your development issue to Visual Studio Integrate forum where has more experts will help you resolve the development problem.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 23, 2016 7:26 AM
  • I plan to use the "External Tools" to do what I need.

Frank

Monday, June 27, 2016 12:55 PM
  • Hi Frank,

Thanks for your response.

Could you please tell us which External Tools you plan to use? Please share your workaround for this issue and then mark your workaround as answer, which is benefit to other communities who has the same problem.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 2:02 AM