open a html document using file/open... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, when I open a html document using file/open..., in the Microsoft Expression Web 3, it appear the code on the editing window without the options for Design/Split/Code; differently occur when I open the page directly from the directory/file using "open with...", in this way all the options appear correct...   How I can fix that? (sorry for my English, I'm Brazil)
    Friday, March 11, 2011 11:38 AM

All replies

• Welcome Hernan,

First of all,this is Expression Design Forum.You've posted this question in the wrong place.I hope Moderator can help in this situation.

About your question;

I dont know whether its different in Web 3 or not but in Web 4 you can set it through clicking View->Page then make one of them checked: Design,Split,Code

In Expression Web 4 it displays these views whether you can open it outside or inside.

Hope this helps.

Sharepoint 2010 Development
    Friday, March 11, 2011 5:17 PM
  • May be a glitch related at OS (win 7 and 64 bits) that I own; I tryed in my wife's PC with win vista and all is OK. Thank you very much Mr. Ibrahim Ersoy and Regards from São Paulo!
    Saturday, March 12, 2011 7:24 PM
  • Hi Hernan,

Dont mention it! I'm glad i can be of any help.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and i've just installed Expression Studio 3.When i tried to open a html/.htm page from outside,it showed me Design,Split,Code as it showed the same result by running Expression Web 3 then opening .html/.htm file.

I think the best thing that can solve your problem is to download latest Expression Studio 3 and re-install it again.

You can also install Expression Web 3 Trial here,if you dont have a setup for it.

Or you can first install Expression Web 4 then install Expression Web 3 over it.The choice is yours to make.

It works fine in my computer :)

Cheers!

Sharepoint 2010 Development
    Saturday, March 12, 2011 9:31 PM
  • Or you can first install Expression Web 4 then install Expression Web 3 over it.The choice is yours to make.

Umm, I don't think anyone would want to install EW 3 over EW 4. Regardless, it won't happen anyway; they'll be installed side-by-side. That way, the OP can decide which he likes best.

Nancy Ward
    Sunday, March 13, 2011 1:37 PM