none
[E2010] [EWS] [C#] Possibility of syncing items and receiving notifications clashing? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currently working on a project that relies *heavily* on streaming notifications and manual item syncing every 15 minutes. What happens if I receive a new mail notification and sync at the *exact* same time? Will I receive the duplicate items in the syncing and notification giving me a chance to request the same email twice?

I'm not really sure how to test this, thus me asking.

Thank you.

Sunday, April 15, 2012 1:53 AM

All replies

• You would need to explain in the more detail your Manual sync process ? Notifications are separate in that they just tell you what items have been updated eg if your using Push notification on the Inbox it will notify you that an Email has arrived in the Inbox. If you where then doing a SyncFolderItems operation on the inbox every 15 minutes you would get all the Items that had been updated since the last SyncID you stored and requested for which would include anything you may have received in any Push notifications since the last Sync. Having both fulfilled at the same time wouldn't really matter because the two aren't associated in that you wouldn't drop any notification or Synced Items.

Cheers
    Glen

Monday, April 16, 2012 6:34 AM