[UWP]Windows Store 8.1 App to Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to convert my app from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 UAP. I got a scrip that converted the files to Windows 10 UAP, but I am getting an error when I build it. Its builds and runs in Windows 10 without any issue, but when I go to rebuild it again I am getting an error code. I sure its a setting I need to change, but I am not sure where this setting is located.

Here is the error in Visual Studios:

Error  You cannot create an app bundle containing more than one package per architecture. Value of AppxBundlePlatforms property is 'Neutral|Neutral|Neutral'

And this error:

Error  You cannot create an app bundle which contains a neutral architecture package along with packages for other architectures. Value of AppxBundlePlatforms property is 'Neutral|Neutral|Neutral'.

Thanks,

John

John Lisenby developer of My PC Playbook

Saturday, August 15, 2015 5:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• What processor is the app set to compile for?  It should be x86, x64, or ARM
    Saturday, August 15, 2015 7:16 PM
  • Hi,

I can have it set to AnyCPU, X64, and X32 debug or release, and I am getting the error. In the config Manager it updates the platform as I update the solution platforms. Its odd it can build once but right after I try to rebuild on local is where I am getting the error.

Thanks,

John

Saturday, August 15, 2015 8:03 PM
  • Hi,

I got it working by following these directions Porting a Windows Runtime 8.x project to a UWP project

Thanks for the help,

John

Sunday, August 16, 2015 8:47 PM