none
Trace Message Data not viewable in Blades

Question

• For the last 48 hours or so (at least that's when we first noticed it), when we are signed into Azure Portal and looking at our AppInsights resources, we can see all of our Trace telemetry and their properties and custom data, but we can't view the actual trace message. It's like the section of that blade to view the trace message is just missing.

I've verified this behavior on other resources and AppInsights instances. I've also verified using other browsers (Chrome, Edge, IE). Same behavior. There are no throttling messages in our logs and we aren't throttling locally. I can view all the data in Analytics, just not the blades which is where most of us look.

Anybody else seeing this behavior?

Trace Blade Screenshot

--Josh

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 5:48 PM

Answers

• Thanks for reporting this, we will fix this as soon as we can. For now you can still see your message in the blade title at the very top, you can try maximizing the blade to see more of the message.

Todd King - Application Insights team.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 7:08 PM

All replies

• Thanks for reporting this, we will fix this as soon as we can. For now you can still see your message in the blade title at the very top, you can try maximizing the blade to see more of the message.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 7:08 PM
  • Hi Josh,

In addition, until the bug will be fixed, you can use Analytics in order to view your data.

You can read more about Analytics here: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/app-insights-analytics/

Thanks,

Yair

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 3:07 PM
  • This should be fixed now.

Friday, September 30, 2016 5:20 PM
  • FYI, the same behavior seems to be happening again across all of our AppInsights resources. We can definitely get at the trace message data in other ways but not everyone is trained on how to do it. Not sure if this is the correct place to report these types of issues but I currently do not have access to create support tickets in Azure Portal.

Thanks for the help!

--Josh

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 1:58 PM