none
UNABLE TO OPEN DATABASE CREATED ON LATEST ACCESS ON A 2007-2010 VERSION RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys,

Having a bit of an issues here. I was working on a database yesterday at home with my office 365 account. I have been bringing my database back and forth to work, but today I received an error and cannot open the database at work. My job uses access 2007-2010. I have tried to follow all the instructions in the backwards compatibility forum of the Microsoft webpage without success. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thursday, June 29, 2017 12:08 PM

Answers

• Okay, it sounds like you may have inadvertently added a 2016 feature to the database file. When you open the file at home, try using the Save As feature to downgrade the file back to 2007/2010 (if possible). It might give you some warnings about new features will be removed. I guess you can ignore it since you want to be able to use the file in 2010.

Hope it helps...

• Marked as answer by InnVis Thursday, June 29, 2017 3:29 PM
    Thursday, June 29, 2017 3:12 PM

All replies

• Hi, Can you give us more details? What exactly was happening? What error messages were you getting? Thanks.
    Thursday, June 29, 2017 12:54 PM
  • "The database you are trying to open requires a newer version of Microsoft Access." I attempted to do what the link says to import the data after modifying some settings, but I still get the compatibility error.
    Thursday, June 29, 2017 2:39 PM
  • Okay, it sounds like you may have inadvertently added a 2016 feature to the database file. When you open the file at home, try using the Save As feature to downgrade the file back to 2007/2010 (if possible). It might give you some warnings about new features will be removed. I guess you can ignore it since you want to be able to use the file in 2010.

Hope it helps...

• Marked as answer by InnVis Thursday, June 29, 2017 3:29 PM
    Thursday, June 29, 2017 3:12 PM
  • Sadly it doesn't even let me go that far. The database won't open at all period, guess I have to wait until I get home to mess around with it.

Thursday, June 29, 2017 3:30 PM
  • Correct. My guess the newer version made the file unreadable to older versions, so you won't be able to open it at work. When you get home, open the file and try to save it back to an older version - if possible.

Good luck!

Thursday, June 29, 2017 3:55 PM