Best way to make my application multilingual? RRS feed

• Question

• User-1870750982 posted

hi

i have a web site that i want to make it in languages other than english, including arabic (Right to Left)

i want this with minimum change to my code.

any ideas how to do this with minimum change?

which is better to make it subdomain like fr.mydomain.com or folder mydomain.com/fr?

Friday, September 7, 2012 12:22 PM

Answers

• User-1605278047 posted

can i use MVC now with minimal change to code?

No, if you are already using asp.net application stay on that. migration to MVC requried recreation of your web application.

Use resource files , for each language you need to write resource files so that web site implemented in as multi lingual .... Add .resx type files to your web project ...

work on the solution provided by Amit.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, September 8, 2012 9:13 AM

All replies

• User-195313006 posted

Use resource files , for each language you need to write resource files so that web site implemented in as multi lingual .... Add .resx type files to your web project ...

Friday, September 7, 2012 12:25 PM
  • User-2079544531 posted

i think its better to use MVC .. ur models and controllers will be mostly the same .. just make views for every language

Friday, September 7, 2012 12:59 PM
  • User-1870750982 posted

can you please explain more.

i did not build my application using MVC, it is normal web pages asp.net application

if so how? please

i think its better to use MVC .. ur models and controllers will be mostly the same .. just make views for every language

Saturday, September 8, 2012 8:01 AM
  • User-1605278047 posted

No, if you are already using asp.net application stay on that. migration to MVC requried recreation of your web application.

work on the solution provided by Amit.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, September 8, 2012 9:13 AM
  • User-1503750829 posted

Using ".resx" files is the standard way as Amit pointed out and there's plenty of info online. My own article on the subject is very detailed (maybe overkill for you) but you can be the judge:

http://www.aspnet-localization.com/aspnet/how-to-send-your-asp-net-resx-files-to-a-translator/

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 1:19 PM