fickering/white screen when changing html page RRS feed

• Question

• when changing html using  location.href on WP8 there is a white screen or flickering event while it does not happen on android.

My app is a cordova/phonegap.

Here https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6758FD60CB429100%21103

I uploaded a sample code to reproduce it.

•  Tap on newHtml1 button to see the behaviour.

Please How to get rid of it?

Thanks

• Edited by SeDevWP Thursday, November 6, 2014 1:25 PM adding info
    Thursday, November 6, 2014 1:16 PM

Answers

• Hi SeDevWP,

>>when changing html using  location.href on WP8 there is a white screen or flickering event while it does not happen on android.

I've tested you sample and reproduce your issue successfully, I could see the blank screen before displaying the second page.

As you mentioned, there are some 3rd party products: cordova/phonegap, so I tried to confirm that if this issue is related to WP OS or WP SDK.

Here is my test page:

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html lang="en" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
        <meta charset="utf-8" />
        <title></title>
        <script type="text/javascript">
        function newHtml1() {
     location.href = "HTMLPage2.html";
     }
        </script>
    </head>
    <body>
        <textarea id="textarea" placeholder="Enter text ..."></textarea>
        <button onclick="newHtml1()">HTMLPage2</button>
        <a href="HTMLPage2.html">HTMLPage2</a>
    </body>

</html>

In WebView control of Wp8.1 and WebBrowser control of WP SL 8.1, everything was ok, I couldn't reproduce your issue.

Based on the above troubleshooting steps, I think that this issue is more related to your Web project and 3rd party products, please contact with their official support for better help.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, November 7, 2014 8:19 AM
  • a better test might be including your 2 html files in a WP app and deploy it. You can also import my app and replace with your two html files or doing an helloworld cordova app.

Hi SeDevWP,

>>a better test might be including your 2 html files in a WP app and deploy it

I've tested it, placed two html file into my app and navigate to the first page, couldn't encounter fickering/white screen issue.

>>You can also import my app and replace with your two html files or doing an helloworld cordova app.

It could reproduce your issue, in summary, I think this issue should be more related to cordova.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 7:53 AM

All replies

• Hi SeDevWP,

>>when changing html using  location.href on WP8 there is a white screen or flickering event while it does not happen on android.

I've tested you sample and reproduce your issue successfully, I could see the blank screen before displaying the second page.

As you mentioned, there are some 3rd party products: cordova/phonegap, so I tried to confirm that if this issue is related to WP OS or WP SDK.

Here is my test page:

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html lang="en" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
        <meta charset="utf-8" />
        <title></title>
        <script type="text/javascript">
        function newHtml1() {
     location.href = "HTMLPage2.html";
     }
        </script>
    </head>
    <body>
        <textarea id="textarea" placeholder="Enter text ..."></textarea>
        <button onclick="newHtml1()">HTMLPage2</button>
        <a href="HTMLPage2.html">HTMLPage2</a>
    </body>

</html>

In WebView control of Wp8.1 and WebBrowser control of WP SL 8.1, everything was ok, I couldn't reproduce your issue.

Based on the above troubleshooting steps, I think that this issue is more related to your Web project and 3rd party products, please contact with their official support for better help.

Friday, November 7, 2014 8:19 AM
  • Thanks for your help, Franklin.

In what type of project did you include your html?

I added your file and taking out all the reference to this third party script but still having the same problem.

Friday, November 7, 2014 8:45 AM
  • Thanks for your help, Franklin.

In what type of project did you include your html?

I added your file and taking out all the reference to this third party script but still having the same problem.

Hi,

>>In what type of project did you include your html?

I just uploaded this test html page to my web site, in my WP project, used Browser control to navigate to this page.

>>I added your file and taking out all the reference to this third party script but still having the same problem

There are only two files: HTMLPage1.html and HTMLPage2.html, in HTMLPage1, there is a javascript function: newHtml1()

Sunday, November 9, 2014 2:04 PM
  • a better test might be including your 2 html files in a WP app and deploy it. You can also import my app and replace with your two html files or doing an helloworld cordova app.
    • Edited by SeDevWP Monday, November 10, 2014 10:13 AM
    Monday, November 10, 2014 9:04 AM

Hi SeDevWP,

>>a better test might be including your 2 html files in a WP app and deploy it

I've tested it, placed two html file into my app and navigate to the first page, couldn't encounter fickering/white screen issue.

>>You can also import my app and replace with your two html files or doing an helloworld cordova app.

It could reproduce your issue, in summary, I think this issue should be more related to cordova.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 7:53 AM