none
how to make report source something other than project data(dataset) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    my report will get it's data from mdb file on the path of the exe .
    i add a crystal report to my application and click on create new connection node to add new connection

i choose first time database file and poit to my mdb file and when i click finish and try to see the report it gives me error message says "falied to login" !!!!

second  time i choose OLEDB node and write just the database name "data.mdb" and when i click finish it gives me error message says "can't find file c:\document and settings~\temp\data.mdb !!! although i just specify the database name !!!

third time i choose access node also it give me the same error message as the second one

-i want to specify the report source to be a specific database that i choose not a dataset how?

thanks in advance.
    Tuesday, July 24, 2007 4:11 PM

All replies

• Create New Connection -> Access/Excel (DAO)

Might want to browse for the location of your .mdb file so the full path is used.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 8:45 PM
  • thanks for reply
    i choose Create New Connection -> Access/Excel (DAO) as you say

i use the full path but when i put the program on diffrent machine it prompts me to enter username and password for the login although the database has no password !! and this because the full path of the database changed on the second machine of course.
    and the database server points to te full path on the old machine.
    so any solution ?
    and Here is my source code
    http://mokhtar.phpnet.us/WindowsApplication1.zip

thanks.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 8:43 AM
  • put your access database on a network path or use a real database.
    Wednesday, July 25, 2007 2:44 PM
  • thanks for reply
    ok i can put it on network path
    what is real database do you mean something like SqlServer or any database server ?

thanks.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 3:10 PM