Not able to block SMS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi .. I am writing a small app for blocking outgoing sms. I was using IMAPIAdviseSink class and its OnNotify member to receive notifications. And i have registered on IMAPISession::Advise() function for ObjectMoved type. With this I was able to receive the notification for outgoing sms, but i was not able to block it. Need suggestions from experts on it.

I am using Visual Studio 8 and Window Mobile 6 SDK.

- rahul
    Saturday, April 11, 2009 1:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Sunday, April 12, 2009 6:05 AM
  • Hi malleswar,

i had a look at the above threads and deriving a conclusion from it, i understood the following points,

1. Directly blocking an outgoing sms is not possible
    2. Only was is to indirectly block it i.e., by raising the thread priority of our current applications thread and deleting the message from the outbox, before being picked by the Windows mobile mailing/messaging application's thread.

my requirement is to notify the user of outgoing sms and pop up with a question to the user to block it or not. So to suit my requirement i need to save the outgoing message and delete it from the outbox folder, then pop up the user with the question. if the user chooses unblock, then again i need to place the message in the outbox folder, so as to send it.

i would be more happy if there is any other better way of doing it.

- rahul
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 5:39 AM
  • Hi Rahul,

With the above links which I mentioned, you can intercept the message.

When you can intercept the message you can put your own notification( notification balloon, with buttons Yes or No) and you can handle them.

Actually I worked for incoming intercept messages. in that I could block according to the cases.

Hope the same can be done outgoing intercept messages.

Refere these link to Move the message to the folder:

You can use IMAPIFolder::CopyMessages to move messages to another folder:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb446204.aspx 

The following sample in Windows Mobile 5 SDK can show you how to use that method:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms880651.aspx 

Regards,
    Malleswar

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 7:00 AM