SkyDrive API and Live SDK Released. Breaking changes for the Live SDK. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Today, we officially released an update to the Live Connect API service and Live SDK.  You can read the blog post and learn how to use the new API service to work with SkyDrive, Contacts, Calendar, etc.  Download the new Live SDK and start building apps for the world!

A few breaking changes are introduced in the public release of the Live SDK.  They are:

For the JavaScript SDK for Windows Developer Preview:

• wl.init now takes an optional "scope" parameter, allowing apps to pass in required scopes during init().

For the Windows Phone and Windows Developer Preview C# SDKs:

• LiveAuthClient.InitializeAsync now takes an optional "scopes" parameter, allowing apps to pass in required scopes during InitializeAsync.
    • LiveConnectSession no longer has a Status property.  The Status property is now moved to LoginCompletedEventArgs object.  To check if login has succeeded, you can use:

if (e.Status == LiveConnectSessionStatus.Connected)

if status is Connected, you're guaranteed a valid session object.

• LiveConnectClient.DownloadAsync no longer takes in a Stream parameter.  Instead, a Stream is created and returned via the LiveDownloadCompletedEventArgs object.

Thanks.

Shelly Guo - MSFT

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 9:30 PM

All replies

• Very good!

I will update my wp7 client to the new release .

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 2:32 AM
  • It would be nice to have a sample code to demonstrate video upload/download will be added since there might be few hinderence like getting a thumbnail for video etc.

Just a suggestion to help others to understand better.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 2:37 AM
  • Hi man, 

it goes LiveConnectException within expected time... and without any Error detailed message....

Could you help...

Sunday, December 18, 2011 1:18 PM
  • Is there a timetable for this API for non-WDP?  I am very anxious to provide this capability in a WPF application.
    Sunday, January 1, 2012 7:31 PM
  • Why there is no API or SDK for Windows (WPF) or Silverlight applications? This SDK can only be used with metro style (Windows 8) or Windows Phone. What about conventional windows desktop apps? Microsoft has already forgotten about windows 7? I know we can use REST services, but C# kind of API for normal desktop applications should be there. Microsoft directions on these kind of things are bad and will not be appreciated by windows developers.

Friday, January 6, 2012 7:01 AM
  • Since I cannot post any comments on the Windows Team Blog site for the two posts regarding the new SkyDrive REST API (http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_live/b/windowslive/archive/2011/12/07/skydrive-apis-for-docs-and-photos-now-ready-to-cloud-enable-apps-on-windows-8-windows-phone-and-more.aspx, and http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_live/b/windowslive/archive/2011/06/14/windows-live-developer-platform-adds-oauth-2-0-and-more-continuing-to-let-users-connect-the-devices-apps-and-sites-they-choose.aspx) we developers REALLY need an official way of storing other files on SkyDrive that are NOT documents, music or video files.  I want the ability to store my applications settings and/or data that could be synced across different devices.  I don't want to be forced into using Dropbox, or some other cloud storage solution, as every Windows Live user gets free cloud storage anyhow.  Please provide this soon.
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 7:14 PM
  • Why there is no API or SDK for Windows (WPF) or Silverlight applications? This SDK can only be used with metro style (Windows 8) or Windows Phone. What about conventional windows desktop apps? Microsoft has already forgotten about windows 7? I know we can use REST services, but C# kind of API for normal desktop applications should be there. Microsoft directions on these kind of things are bad and will not be appreciated by windows developers.

And native C++ kind of API for normal desktop applications should be there.

Thursday, May 2, 2013 6:02 PM