none
There was a problem accessing the registry on this computer. Exchange 2010 ||| Removing Old Exchange 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Good People,

Can anyone help me with the below error.

I have upgraded from Exchange 2010 to 2016 and now want to decommission my old server 2010.

But i am facing the below issue for uninstalling the exchange server 2010.

Its been a week, tried all the options but still cannot uninstall it.

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 12:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I know you asked same question and I forget to answer there.

Can you please do follow:-

Disable firewall on exchange?

Check and make sure exchange server is member of Exchange servers group in AD.

Remote registry service running on all Domain Controllers.

Computer browser service in running.

After checking all these uninstall Exchange through command line.

Thanks,

Ashish

MCITP, MCT, MCSE

“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”

Note:- Please remember to vote and mark the replies as answers if they help.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 1:13 PM
  • Just to add.I believe you have another Exchange 2010 server as well. make sure that remote registry service running on that as well.

Thanks,

Ashish

MCITP, MCT, MCSE

“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”

Note:- Please remember to vote and mark the replies as answers if they help.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 1:20 PM
  • Hi Ashish,

I performed the above steps but still i cannot uninstall the Exchange 2010 from Control Panel or Command Line.

On two DC remote registry and computer browser service wast not running, i started it but still no luck.

Thanks,

Arif

Thursday, February 28, 2019 8:44 AM
  • Hi again,

Any suggestions please.

Thanks,

Arif

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 5:11 AM