App Certification Kit fails on empty template

Question

• To cut a long story short: In attempt to find out why WACK fails on my every app with the same pack of errors I've tested empty application based on BasicPage Template. Result: failure:

FAILED
    Crashes and hangs
    • Error Found: The crashes and hangs test detected the following errors:
      • Application cfccc121-72df-4e64-b32c-5ffda17eb39b_1.0.0.0_neutral__qjvnrarnhx11g was detected by Windows Error Reporting and experienced a crash or hang.

FAILED
    App manifest
    • Error Found: The app manifest test detected the following errors:
      • The version specified by OSMinVersion attribute is not a valid Windows version.
      • The version specified by OSMaxVersionTested attribute is not a valid Windows version.

FAILED
    Direct3D feature level support
    • Error Found: The Direct3D feature level support test detected the following errors:
      • Application App was not running at the end of the test. It likely crashed or was terminated for having become unresponsive.

What could possibly cause this crashes in EMPTY app?(And not empty too) Could be developing on Release Preview instead of newer RTM a problem?

Friday, September 21, 2012 11:15 AM

Answers

• Hi,

only apps developed on RTM will pass the final store certification, so it could be one of the problems.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

• Marked as answer by Wojtek Kopec Friday, September 21, 2012 7:49 PM
    Friday, September 21, 2012 12:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

only apps developed on RTM will pass the final store certification, so it could be one of the problems.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

• Marked as answer by Wojtek Kopec Friday, September 21, 2012 7:49 PM
    Friday, September 21, 2012 12:27 PM
  • Hey, thanks for reply!

I supossed that release preview causes this issue, but wasn't sure. I'll mark it as answer as soon I verify it.

@edit: Windows is upgraded, WACK tests are passed. Thanks.
    Friday, September 21, 2012 12:41 PM