none
Can PowerApp develop both web parts/apps for both SP2013 web sites(online or on prem) and for mobile platform? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Reading this article here, https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerapps-and-sharepoint/

It seems to be describing the PowerApp can develop apps for both Web and Mobile.  Our SharePoint Administrator is saying that PowerApp is only for developing Mobile app.  Can someone please clarify for us?  Thank  you

Also, will apps developed with PowerApp will address the current performance problem?   A couple of our SP web site pages are loading up the web parts/app parts very slowly.  It displays "Working on it....." for a good 5-10 secords.

Thank you.

Thank you

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 12:12 AM

Answers

• It cannot be added as Web Part or App in SharePoint so it will run on web or as an App in Mobile, Windows 10 laptops, I hope it clarifies your question

It it answers your question please mark it as answer

• Marked as answer by laJasmine Thursday, February 2, 2017 5:47 PM
    Thursday, February 2, 2017 8:09 AM

All replies

• PowerApps can run on Web and also as an App for Windows 10, you have to download it as an APP first, read more here https://synkventures.com/2016/12/24/powerapps-first-look-create-a-simple-powerapp/

With respect to Performance it depends on why you have the performance issue, if you are server is having performance issues then PowerApp cannot handle it, if your code for Web Parts / App parts is a problem then it's another things.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 4:19 PM
  • I'm still not very clear.  Can you please verify for me again?  So PowerApps can create web parts / app parts for used in a SharePoint web site or as a mobile app?  When you say can run on a web, any web or just SharePoint web?

Thank you.

Thank you

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 10:04 PM
  • It cannot be added as Web Part or App in SharePoint so it will run on web or as an App in Mobile, Windows 10 laptops, I hope it clarifies your question

It it answers your question please mark it as answer

• Marked as answer by laJasmine Thursday, February 2, 2017 5:47 PM
    Thursday, February 2, 2017 8:09 AM
  • Thank you that definitely answers my quesiton.  On the site where I provided the link, it says it can run on web, well, a SharePoint web site is also on the web thus the confusion.  Thank you for the clarification.

Thank you

Thursday, February 2, 2017 5:49 PM