• Question

• I have made a form using this tutorial

http://expression.microsoft.com/en-us/dd571513

but my result is like this on my web page

http://ngsm.comyr.com/search.aspx

Kindly somebody guide me :(

Saturday, July 16, 2011 1:52 AM

All replies

• You're trying to serve ASP.NET from an Apache server, which does not support ASP.NET Framework 3.5 or 4.0, required for EW3+. You're going to have to change hosts or server technologies (try PHP instead).

BTW, if you want to stay with ASP.NET, some hosting providers offer both Windows servers (required for ASP.NET*) AND Linux/Apache servers, so you may want to check with your provider to see if you can move to a Windows plan.

Otherwise, you'll need to choose another server-side technology, if the form requires it. The form will require it if other than client-side processing is required—for example, for email, database work, etc.

cheers,
    scott

* FWIW, there is the Mono Project, which attempts to support ASP.NET on Linux, but I personally know of no commercial hosting providers which offer it, and from what I have read, it can be a bit dodgy, both on the development side and the deployment side.

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

Saturday, July 16, 2011 2:21 AM
  • As the tutorial says, "you will find that using the ASP.NET controls in Expression Web"...

ASP.NET.  Your hosting account must support it in order for you to use it.  Yours doesn't.  (It would be rare for an Apache server to support it.  Windows hosting would almost always offer it, and usually also offer PHP.)

Your hosting for that domain is on:

Server: Apache  
    X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.17

You need a PHP solution ... or a new host if you want to use asp.net.

Saturday, July 16, 2011 3:10 AM