none
SendPing timeout being ignored? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using SendPing to ping clients on my LAN and manual pinging shows them responding in 4-6ms.  I've tried setting SendPing's timeout to 10ms and the active clients respond fine but as soon as it hits an IP address that doesn't exist, it takes hundreds of ms instead of 10ms?  I assumed the timeout meant the command would return in that time with a result but does it mean instead that it will set the results in 10ms but not actually issue them to you until the ping completes?

Sunday, September 30, 2018 6:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This forum is discussing and asking questions about the vb.net.

What is the relationship between your question and vb.net?

Best Regards,

Alex

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 3:30 PM
  • How dumb I am - SendPing was the name of my Ping variable so nobody was going to understand that question!  Anyway, I've put it in a separate thread so I no longer care how long it takes :).
    Friday, October 5, 2018 7:52 AM