Blend Hardware on Dual Screen RRS feed

• Question

• Any one as any experience with Blend with dual screen all our form designer are using Dual screen and we are looking forward to upgrate their pc to fit the hardware requirement needed by blend.

For now we are looking for some Quad core computer spec but we still have now idee for the video card, a Dual head card or the motherboard video chipset plus another document card.

Any suggestion will be really appreciated.
    Thursday, April 10, 2008 6:01 PM

All replies

• My colleagues and I all develop our WPF apps using dual screens and have no problems at all.  I still use Photoshop CS which leaves all it's toolboxes around your primary monitor when you switch it to the 2nd monitor which is a right pain.  Expression Design (and Blend) are all contained in a single window so you can have them wherever you like.  If you've got two screens then you can also have Blend open on one and Visual Studio (to edit your code behind) on the other, which is nice.
    As far as hardware requirements go, as long as you can run a WPF app then you'll be fine with Blend.  We splashed out on a stonking graphics card for my desktop and it doesn't seem to make any difference.  It runs just as well on an old laptop we've got knocking around that has no hardware acceleration or the graphics.  Just get as much memory as you can.  Blend and VS seem to use similar amounts of memory for the same solution but you might need both open alongside each other.
    Friday, April 11, 2008 10:54 AM
  • Howdy.

I second what dynoben says though... do not hold back on your graphics cards... Blend will eat everything you have in terms of RAM as well.. so 4Gig minimum there to be on the right track.

I run four monitors on my main dev box and quite often have multiple versions of Blend, Design, VS and Illustrator open at ths same time... nothing conflicts yet!.. touch wood..

Cheers
    Learn Expression Blend at learnexpressionstudio.com
    Monday, April 14, 2008 4:22 PM
  • Sounds great that your hardware is working
    I have a Toshiba QOSMIO G20 and nothing is working in Expression Blend.
    My screen is cluttered with a lot of garbage when the mousepointer passes over the menus. The screen switches between different resolutions and I can't see any text in  Expression Blend.
    I have Expression Blend 2 servicepack 1 v. 2.11760.0
    I wonder if there is anyone who has the same problem,and perhaps solved this problem.
    regards
    Bendt
    Monday, April 13, 2009 4:26 PM