none
Web Service to Web Service Connectivity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

My scenario is as follows:

Client (Windows 8.1 App) <- WEB SERVER with WCF Web Service <- RESTFul Web Service <- Database

How do I talk from the IIS web service, to ANOTHER RESTful Web service? My database (InterSystems Cache) is hosting a RESTful web service, but I don't want to go from client to database, I want to go through a web server first, then to the database and back again. It is all JSON data being used.

Really it's a web service that talks to another web service. This is how I envision it anyway, and I could be way off the mark in regards to a correct solution.

I'm new to RESTful web services, I've only used WCF SOAP-based services, so the idea of resource URIs is new to me. I'm just a little confused about how I actually go and CREATE the resources for the WCF web service.

Finally, is the best way to add an ASP.NET web application to my solution? And create the WCF service from there? I have some server-side data layers to create as well.

Regards,

Mike

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 2:33 AM

Answers

• Hi,

For calling one web service in another web service, there is no difference where you consume a service, in what application. A service is a service, it can be consumed by some client-part application. If this client is itself a service, it makes no difference.
    You don't need any examples. If you already developed your own service, at least partially, you know how to consume it in some .NET code, otherwise you would not be able to test it. So, you can do the same in the project of your service.

For more information, please try to refer to:
    #WCF Web Service Call to Another WCF Web Service:
    http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/311761/WCF-Web-Service-Call-to-Another-WCF-Web-Service-re .

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:47 AM