TexBox not showing after publishing RRS feed

• Question

• User2080783713 posted

Hi guys,

I'm quite a beginner on ASP.Net, having my first job in a company I have to develop an application (C# + AJAX controls) which will be for inside use.

I have done most of the work already but now I got this problem which is giving me such a headache.

To test the website, I have published it locally but without success, the following error message appears(with chrome):

"This page contains the following errors:

error on line 1 at column 2: StartTag: invalid element name

Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error."

Now, as I have some code on my website already, I thought it could be something wrong with it....but no, I couldn't find any problem.

After (in great details) the analysis of my code, I stopped and decided to create a blank website with just one textbox + button to see what would happen.

Guess what? Same error!

I have searched many articles and found that it could be something wrong with IIS configurations but I have literally tried everything and nothing's working for me.

Please guys help me on this! I have done most of my work but what's the point if I can't even publish it correctly?

Thanks,

Oakster

Friday, August 30, 2013 9:33 AM

All replies

• User-2010311731 posted

This is usually due to a missing tag or an empty property.  Can you post your markup?

Matt

Friday, August 30, 2013 10:31 AM
  • User2080783713 posted

Hi Matt,

Will leave you my simple test project (with only textbox and button).

.aspx file

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head runat="server">
        <title></title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <div>

</div>
            <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
            <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" />
        </form>
    </body>
    </html>

and web.config file

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <configuration>
      <system.web>
        <compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.0"/>
      </system.web>
    </configuration>

After I publish the website...the error occurs when I run the default.aspx page. 

Any idea of possible problems?

Thanks!

Friday, August 30, 2013 10:44 AM
  • User71929859 posted

Hello,

Try by registering asp.net with IIS. Run the below program (Using command prompt) for that

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\[your framework version]\aspnet_regiis.exe -i

Monday, September 2, 2013 3:27 AM