Can I specify P2P route RRS feed

• Question

• As last post said, we have 3 nodes of P2P, A(located in HK) , B (US),C (HK) , and when setup publisher A we specified B as distributor, when setup topology, sql makes C as distributor as well. So only 2 nodes act as distributor. Currently replicated data flow is:

A to C:  A --> B (distributor) --> C              ---  here is the big problem since B is long distance!

B to C: B (distributor) --> C               ---is normal and acts as expected.

C to A: C(distributor) --> A                ---is normal and acts as expected.

A < --> B      ---is normal and acts as expected.

So the problem is: A and C are all located in same place, so can I change the route of replicated data flow to 

A to C:  A --> C (distributor) --> C     

Another question is, currently we stopped subscriber A --> B (distributor) --> C route, only enable  B (distributor) --> C route, so I must set publication A's properties to Never expires, is that right method for keep such long not running subscriber? We need to keep B and C server as warm-backup server. we don't want to rebuild the topology so far since the db is too big and time consuming.

Thanks!

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 4:07 AM

Answers

All replies