none
URL Ping Test - The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseHeader Detail=CR must be followed by LF RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to set up a basic URL Ping Test on Azure AI and it seems to be having issues. The articles I'm finding online regarding this are all related to code, but I'm not writing any at this point. When I set the test up for HTTP, it accurately shows the redirect to HTTPS, then fails. If I set it up for HTTPS, it fails outright.

Here is the error message:

1 primary requests, 0 dependant requests and 0 conditional rules failed

Exception (subtype 'WebException') occured at 10/08/2019 17:09:01 (UTC) for Uri 'https://www.WEBSITE.ca/', step #1 with the error 'The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseHeader Detail=CR must be followed by LF', exception text 'System.Net.WebException: The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseHeader Detail=CR must be followed by LF   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.WebStress.WebTestTransaction.ResponseReceived(IAsyncResult result) in f:\dd\vset\QTools\LoadTest\WebLoadTest\Engine\TestCase\WebTestTransaction.cs:line 802', stack trace '   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.WebStress.WebTestTransaction.ResponseReceived(IAsyncResult result) in f:\dd\vset\QTools\LoadTest\WebLoadTest\Engine\TestCase\WebTestTransaction.cs:line 802'.

Meanwhile, if I set this up as a recorded test using VS, it works fine. The odd thing is... the test for .com works fine. Could a WAF be causing this error? We use Incapsula. If this could be the WAF causing this, I'll chase it down in that direction; the error is just strange and not something I've ever encountered, so I wanted to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong in AI.

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 5:19 PM

All replies