none
Cant create new C projects

Question

• Hello

I've installed visual studio community 2015 a few days ago and I cant create new C projects.

In express 2013 I used to create a new C++ general project that was empty and save the files as c files.

I dont even have the option to create a project in C++ in VS community 2015.
    I tried to download windows 8.1 SDK (that was one of the options there) and created a new C++ empty project and when I included #stdio.h VS said it doesnt have this library or something.

How do I create new C projects?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, April 06, 2016 2:29 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

did you install Visual Studio Community 2015 with default settings? Visual C++ is no longer part of the default installation and must be added in a custom installation.

Please also see https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vcblog/2015/07/24/setup-changes-in-visual-studio-2015-affecting-c-developers/ for more information about this change.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Wednesday, April 06, 2016 4:49 PM
  • Thanks for Knorad Neitzel's help.

Hi Django_Freeman,

I'm agree with Knorad Neitzel. Please check whether you have installed the C++ tools from Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Visual Studio Community 2015 -> Change -> Modify. Please refer to below screenshot, the Visual C++ checkbox should be checked and all its children also should be checked.

If you have checked these options and the problem still exist, please try repair your Visual Studio, which will repair something broken when installing.

And if the problem still exist, please use http://aka.ms/vscollect  to gather the VS and .Net Frameowrk installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.cab from %temp% folder. Please upload the file to Onedrive and share the link here.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, April 07, 2016 7:44 AM
  • Not trying to be a troll here but I've read a lot of bad things about VS 2015. seems to be very buggy right now. I have read several random issue about VS 2015. I hope Microsoft fixes them soon, I'd like to use my copy of VS 2015 sometime soon as well. My company would like to switch to 2015 but because of all the bugs we have concerns about updating. So we are staying with 2012 until Microsoft fixes a lot of those random bugs like this. anyway try uninstall reinstall or repair if the above fails.
    Thursday, April 07, 2016 7:44 PM