none
Visual studio 2010 silver light problem with netframework 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Visual studio 2010 silver light problem with netframework 4.0.

I have tried and configured my IIS 6.0 asp.net framework to 4.0 and 2.0.

Framework 2.0 produce this error

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive.

Framework 4.0 produce this error

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.

<compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true" targetFramework="4.0" />

Couldn’t able to figures it out in IIS 6.0 (windows server 2003) what to change and how? Please help
    StephenMas
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 6:20 AM

Answers

• Hi StephenMas,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm familiar with .NET Framework installation.
    For Silverlight related issue, the help that I could provide is limited. Sorry for that.
    Please try Silverlight Forums. There're more Silverlight experts so that you will get quick response there.

Hope your issue will be solved ASAP.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Tuesday, May 11, 2010 4:37 AM
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 3:05 AM

All replies

• Check this link http://forums.asp.net/t/1491204.aspx
    Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. ~St. Francis of Assisi
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 4:59 PM
  • Hi StephenMas,

Thank you for your post.

Does MDM13's suggestion work?

BTW, this forum is for the support of .NET Framework installation. Since your issue is related to Silverlight project, you could post your thread on Silverlight Forums. You will get more useful help there. This will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Wednesday, May 5, 2010 6:16 AM
  • I have tried MDM13 suggested solution. It still happens. As what he suggested I have changed IIS .NET framework to 4.0. No use and where to fix the problem?

I can post my issue to silverlight as what you suggested mrr.Chen. Hope it’s not a silverlight issue its .NET framework setup issue. Can’t you see my parse error message related to .NET framework setup?

Framework 2.0 produces this error

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive.
    StephenMas
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 1:41 AM
  • Hi StephenMas,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm familiar with .NET Framework installation.
    For Silverlight related issue, the help that I could provide is limited. Sorry for that.
    Please try Silverlight Forums. There're more Silverlight experts so that you will get quick response there.

Hope your issue will be solved ASAP.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Tuesday, May 11, 2010 4:37 AM
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 3:05 AM
  • Spread your great keep pushing job technology to others around the world. By the way your medals for keep pushing technology or what? Using the name silverlight doesn’t mean its silverlight .Net Framework Setup issue. I never see any forum silverlight .Net Framework Setup.
    StephenMas
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 2:58 AM
  • Hi StephenMas,

Thank you for your feedback.

As I mentioned above, this forum is for the support of .NET Framework installation. If you cannot install .NET Framework on your machine, I can be more helpful on your concern.
    However, your issue seems to be related to configuration of .NET Framework on IIS 6.0 for the Silverlight application, right?
    I think that you might try Silverlight - Programming with .NET - General to get more useful help.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 3:24 AM