Analysis Services service won't start RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I haven't used SSAS in a few months and I went to start the service in SQL Server Configuration Manager and I get an error pop-up message:

The request failed or the service did not respond in a timely fashion.  Consult the event log or other applicable error logs for details.

However the event log has no useful info - just says the service started, then it stopped - no error related info.  There are no logs generated in ..\MSSQL.1\.  Every other service starts - database, SSIS, SSRS, Agent,  Browser and FullText.

I'm running Sql Server 2005 (with SP1) on Win XP Pro (SP2).  Any help appreciated!

Thursday, July 27, 2006 6:19 PM

Answers

• There were a few Information type events that said that Analysis Services started and it stopped, but no error or warning events.

I got impatient and uninstalled SSAS and re-installed and everything works now.

Friday, July 28, 2006 12:35 PM

All replies

• Do you see anything in the System Event log?

Edward.
    --
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, July 27, 2006 11:09 PM
  • There were a few Information type events that said that Analysis Services started and it stopped, but no error or warning events.

I got impatient and uninstalled SSAS and re-installed and everything works now.

Friday, July 28, 2006 12:35 PM