none
Creating an DLL RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I need to recreate a dll that was created in Framework 2.0 that sits in Sql server 2005. I have one application that calls this application. Can I create it in a newer framework? This is my first time recreating an assembly.

Thanks,

Jose Flietas

Jose Fleitas

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 1:21 PM

Answers

• Yes. Just open your dll's code in Visual Studio. Then in project properties, change the Target Framework to newer version. Then build it.

I hope this helps.

Please mark this post as answer if it solved your problem. Happy Programming!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 4:39 PM
  • Yes. You have to recreate your consumer application also to 4.0.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 5:51 AM

All replies

• Yes. Just open your dll's code in Visual Studio. Then in project properties, change the Target Framework to newer version. Then build it.

I hope this helps.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 4:39 PM
  • Hello Adavesh,

Thanks for reply! If I create a 4.0 dll; Will I have to also update the application that uses that dll and recreate that application in 4.0? Also, Can a 4.0 Dll be used on SQL Server 2005?

thanks,

Jose

Jose Fleitas

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:02 PM
  • Yes. You have to recreate your consumer application also to 4.0.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 5:51 AM
  • Thanks Adavesh! Since this is a application that runs 2.0 CLR. I will  use the 3.5 framework because of obsolete types in .net Framework 4.0. Also, my application is a web services; which if i changed to 4.0; I will have to to convert into WCF services.

Thanks,

Jose

Jose Fleitas

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 2:11 PM