Error in building on the build server "The Platform or PlatformToolset is not available from a 64bit environment. Consider building from 32bit environment instead."

Question

• Hello everyone!

I have a build server, that i was able to tune the way so it creates me build for metro apps.
    Build server has windows 8.1 enterprise x64, visual studio professional 2013 update 2.
    Having issue with compilation of cpp libs for Windows 8.0 x64 builds using  Build definitions.
    When running build definition, when starting creating x64 build - getting following error:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.Cpp.Platform.targets (58): The Platform or PlatformToolset is not available from a 64bit environment.  Consider building from 32bit environment instead."
    But when i'm trying to build the same C++ lib using msbuild on the same computer - works flawless. Same situation when trying to build x86, and ARM package for Win 8.0 and x64, x86 and ARM for Windows 8.1 using Build definitions - works great.
    Issue only with x64 for Windows 8.
    That would be great if anyone could advise me something!

Thank you in advance!
    Max

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Max,

Could you tell us what is the your project configuration? And what is your update version?

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, August 28, 2014 10:26 AM
  • Hi James,

As far as I understand that the configuration of the project does not matter. In any attempt to build a C++ library of x64 configuration I get the same error message. 
    According update version. What do you mean? 
    I have Visual studio update 2.

Do you need anything else?
    Thank you!

Thursday, August 28, 2014 10:58 AM
  • I mean the Update RC or Update RTM?

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, August 28, 2014 11:10 AM
  • RTM

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/20140828-qpdc-80kb.jpg

Thursday, August 28, 2014 11:31 AM