make at sms on a asp.net page RRS feed

• Question

• User1090019231 posted

This is at tricky one.

Like in a normal browser you can use the mailto: to open at mail client and put a email addresse in the to line, it is posible to do something like that on a mobil to request at sms ??

eks.

SMS:phone#, Tekst

I don't want it to send, just to make a new sms and fill it out, ready to send.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 7:16 AM

Answers

• User1293147255 posted

Hi Melco.

It's easy... but not as easy as that!

When we use the mailto: function, it opens up our email client in a seperate window, but it's a different case with SMS.

For SMS, you need to link pointing towards a message-sending script, and that message-sending script would send a message request to an SMS provider.

That script would already contain your username, password and the details of the message that you want your users to send and after the script has been called, you can the route the user back to the page from where they came or another 'thankyou' page.

Hope that all makes sense!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 26, 2005 6:45 AM

All replies

• User1293147255 posted

How will you be sending the sms?

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 1:47 PM
  • User1090019231 posted

like this

<a href="sms:+45xxxxxxx;Text='test SMS'">Klik her to send sms</a>

or somthing like that.

then the user can' press send og I will recive the sms on my phone.

So it is only at prefilled sms text and number i want.

little like at mailto:to=bla@bla.com;Body="Test mail"

Thursday, April 21, 2005 9:48 AM
  • User1293147255 posted

Hi Melco.

It's easy... but not as easy as that!

When we use the mailto: function, it opens up our email client in a seperate window, but it's a different case with SMS.

For SMS, you need to link pointing towards a message-sending script, and that message-sending script would send a message request to an SMS provider.

That script would already contain your username, password and the details of the message that you want your users to send and after the script has been called, you can the route the user back to the page from where they came or another 'thankyou' page.

Hope that all makes sense!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 26, 2005 6:45 AM
  • User403949901 posted

is there any dll or a code sample which could help us better

Thursday, May 17, 2007 5:48 AM