Registered Servers RRS feed

• Question

• I am running SQL Management Studio on Win7 x86 and i can't see my registered servers.  I try to reselect it from the View menuy and nothing appears anywhere.  I am scouring the window for any sign of it and it isn't there...  Any ideas on how I can make it reappear or at least reset something about SSMS?

Thanks.

Monday, June 7, 2010 2:15 PM

Answers

• I have SQL 2008 SP1 with latest CU installed.  Its not that it is empty.  I actually can't see the Registered Server window!  It is nowhere to be found.  I can see that the focus is taken away when I try to get to it using the view menu, but it is not visible!

in Management Studio

Go to Window menu and click on Reset Window Layout

• Proposed as answer by Xiao-Min Tan – MSFT Tuesday, June 8, 2010 3:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Abe W Tuesday, June 8, 2010 12:51 PM
    Monday, June 7, 2010 4:12 PM

All replies

• Which version of SQL Server are you running? Open the SQL Server Configuration Manager and click on services.

Check the SQL Server Service. If MSSQLSErver is mentioned on the SQL Server service, then give your local system name as the server name.

If you have installed a named instance, then provide systemname\instancename in SQL Server Management Studio to connect to the SQL instance.

Hope, this may help.

SKG: Please Marked as Answered, if it resolves your issue.
    Monday, June 7, 2010 2:26 PM
  • Hmm looks odd, do you have lastest Service Pack? Right click on SSMS and click run as administrator, now is it still empty?
    Monday, June 7, 2010 2:31 PM
    Answerer
  • I have SQL 2008 SP1 with latest CU installed.  Its not that it is empty.  I actually can't see the Registered Server window!  It is nowhere to be found.  I can see that the focus is taken away when I try to get to it using the view menu, but it is not visible!
    Monday, June 7, 2010 2:43 PM

in Management Studio

Go to Window menu and click on Reset Window Layout

• Proposed as answer by Xiao-Min Tan – MSFT Tuesday, June 8, 2010 3:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Abe W Tuesday, June 8, 2010 12:51 PM
    Monday, June 7, 2010 4:12 PM
  • Hi,

To open Registered Servers windows, press Ctrl+Alt+G.

If you have any more questions, please let me know.
    Thanks.

***Xiao Min Tan***Microsoft Online Community***
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 3:29 AM