Microsoft Dreamspark for Students RRS feed

• Question

• I have a situation I do not know how to fix.

I was certified and given access to Microsoft Dreamsoft and have ran into a problem.  Two days ago I installed Expression 2 trial to get some work done while waiting for verification from Dreamsoft team for student software.

I received my authorization and downloaded the software.

I first uninstalled the trial Expression 2 and rebooted then installed Expression Blend and and everything registered/activated fine except Expression 2 and it remained a trial version.

I can reinstall if you can tell me what registry entry needs to be removed or another solution is available please advise.

Thanks in advance.
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 4:05 AM

All replies

• Expression what 2? Expression Web 2? Expression Media 2? Expression Encoder 2? I presume it's not Expression Blend 2, since you say it installed OK.

One thing I should note, and I really wish MS would make it clearer, is that there was no need to uninstall the trial at all. The trial products are the full product; only the trial license key expires. All that is necessary is to enter the full version key to activate the full license. This will work even if the trial has previously expired (I know this for a fact, because mine did, and it immediately activated when I entered my retail box key). I have seen many failed installations where one of the steps in the process was, "I uninstalled the trial version... "

cheers,
    scott

Thursday, January 8, 2009 5:21 PM
  • He means Expression Studio2, thats how it comes on Dreamspark
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 5:27 PM