none
Party resolution and GS ST segment definitions RRS feed

• Question

• We have a trade partner that submits professional and institutional x12 files. I have set 2 selections in the GS ST segment definition tab for pro and ins, but when I run a file, the only one it will resolve to is the one that is marked default. If I remove the default it will not resolve to the party at all and goes to the global. Do I need additional filters on my send ports or do I need to promote properties in the schemas to filer on?

Thanks for the help,

Brad

BizTalk Version 2009

Monday, January 24, 2011 6:48 PM

Answers

• I think what you mean is that you have 2 types of 837's going out from the send port but the default value is picked up by the EDISend Pipeline when putting the ISA/GS and EDI file together.

If the above is what you mean, the solution is to add the GS08 value under Party EDI Properties - Party as Receiver - GS and ST Segment Defination - as follows:

004010X098A1 for Professional

004010X096A1 for Institutional

And lastly you should add the Send Port by double clicking the Party and selecting the send port from the drop down under Send Ports.

Also I am assuming you are using the expanded schemas. (837_P and 837_I)

Let me know if this is what you want.

-amit

amit kumar * Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    • Edited by technoamit Tuesday, January 25, 2011 3:04 PM added schema part.
    • Proposed as answer by technoamit Wednesday, January 26, 2011 7:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by Andrew_ZhuModerator Wednesday, February 2, 2011 5:21 PM
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 3:02 PM

All replies

• If you are using Orchestartion to send the EDI Message, before sending to the Send Port Make sure set the following Edi Override Properties

EdiMessage(EdiOverride.OverrideEDIHeader) = "true";

EdiMessage(EdiOverride.GS08) = "004010X096A1";(For Inst)  or  EdiMessage(EdiOverride.GS08) = "004010X098A1"; (For Prof).

If you are just using Send Port (Subscribing to your receive port).

Create a custom Pipeline Componet to promote the above properties and place the component before the EDI Assembler.

Sathish - http://blog.tsathish.com - Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    • Proposed as answer by SathishT Tuesday, February 1, 2011 2:26 AM
    Monday, January 24, 2011 7:15 PM
  • Here is a little more information on what we have to do.

This trade partner submits transactions that are one ST SE envelope, if one transaction in the envelope fails HIPAA Compliance, the whole file will fail. We want to check compliance and if there are any compliance errors, the file is sent to reprocessing to break up the transactions into their own files then, we check compliance again and now only the one file that is not compliant will fail. Files are sent to the reprocess queue as XML. What we need to do is filter that XML as Pro or Ins. In the file there is a ref segment that specifies that document type. What that be the best property to promote, or should we use the message type?

Thanks,

Brad

Monday, January 24, 2011 7:37 PM
  • You can Filter it through Message Type, that will be good enough. Unless you have other subscriptions based on the same message type.  

Sathish - http://blog.tsathish.com - Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Monday, January 24, 2011 7:50 PM
  • Look at the post which talks about the situation you have outlined.

-amit

amit kumar * Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Monday, January 24, 2011 8:24 PM
  • We can get the send ports to filter by message type, but why does it not work when you have 2 types of transactions specified in the Party, but only the default is used? Do you know if this is a Bug?

Thanks,

Brad

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 2:48 PM
  • I think what you mean is that you have 2 types of 837's going out from the send port but the default value is picked up by the EDISend Pipeline when putting the ISA/GS and EDI file together.

If the above is what you mean, the solution is to add the GS08 value under Party EDI Properties - Party as Receiver - GS and ST Segment Defination - as follows:

004010X098A1 for Professional

004010X096A1 for Institutional

And lastly you should add the Send Port by double clicking the Party and selecting the send port from the drop down under Send Ports.

Also I am assuming you are using the expanded schemas. (837_P and 837_I)

Let me know if this is what you want.

-amit

• Edited by technoamit Tuesday, January 25, 2011 3:04 PM added schema part.
    • Proposed as answer by technoamit Wednesday, January 26, 2011 7:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by Andrew_ZhuModerator Wednesday, February 2, 2011 5:21 PM
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 3:02 PM