Running Validation on ASDK 1807 Several Services Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I <g class="gr_ gr_19 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="19" id="19">successed</g> deploy ASDK version 1807 in my lab. But when I tried to validate the installation, the output <g class="gr_ gr_192 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="192" id="192">show</g> several services error. Like below:

I have tried two times to redeploy the ASDK, but still same.

Thanks.

Monday, August 27, 2018 6:55 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I’ve seen on my ASDK 1807.  Looks like it may be a ‘False’ failure as it didn’t effect functionality on my stamp.

I noticed on my ERCS VM the memory demand was higher than what is allocated,

I was able to clear the ‘control plane’ failures by adding additional memory to the ERCS VM.

Go to the VM Manager and check the Memory Allocated, In Use and Demand for AzS-ERCS01.

If you find the Demand is higher than what is allocated, add additional memory and restart the role.

Hope that helps,

Let us know how it goes.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you experience any issues with Azure Stack or the current ASDK release, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Gary Gallanes

Monday, August 27, 2018 5:51 PM
  • Hello,

I have increased the memory up to 10 GB and allowed dynamic memory but still error.

Any <g class="gr_ gr_226 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style multiReplace" data-gr-id="226" id="226">idea ?</g>

Thanks.

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 3:32 AM
  • Hello,

Please disable 'Dynamic' memory as it’s not a compatible memory configuration VMs running Service Fabric.

Can you deploy a VM? If so, the Control Plan ‘test’ failures may be reporting falsely.

If not, can you run the following commands, wait about 45 minutes and see if the Control Plan ‘test’ PASS?

Invoke-command -Computername AzS-XRP01 -ScriptBlock {Restart-Service FabricHostSvc}

Run the following command to perform an IISRest on the tenant portal

Enter-PSSession -ComputerName AzS-WAS01

Import-Module WebAdministration

IISReset

Let us know how it goes,

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you experience any issues with Azure Stack or the current ASDK release, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,

Gary Gallanes

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 6:14 PM
  • Hello,

I disabled dynamic memory for Azs-ERCS01 VM and ran your script but still <g class="gr_ gr_436 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="436" id="436">same</g> result.

Other problem there <g class="gr_ gr_170 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="170" id="170">are</g> no menu for creating Offer and Plan. So as tenant can't deploy a VM. I try to redownload the ASDK source again dan redeploy it on my machine.

Thanks.

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 7:45 AM
  • Hello,

Note: This issue only effects the ASDK.

I'm now getting the same failures as you when running 'Test-AzureStack' but I'm able to deploy VM's, run PaaS Services (SQL) and offer Subscriptions to Tenants.  I have full functionality and not getting flooded with Alerts. 

Note: The default image needs to be added to the Azure Stack Marketplace via Syndication or manually through the Admin Portal or PowerShell. 

Have added the default image to the Marketplace? 

Are getting any Alerts in the Admin Portal? 

If so, what are the Alerts? 

Are you logged in the Admin portal or Tenant portal? 

Are you logged in as AzureStackAdmin? 

Let us know how it goes.

If you continue experience any issues with ASDK release, feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Gary Gallanes

Thursday, August 30, 2018 6:21 PM