none
EW4 and the Old Time Stamp Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I am in the pacific time zone and my hosting service (Network Solutions) is evidently somewhere else. So every time I publish to my site all of the files on the server show as a conflict. Has any resolution to this problem been found?

I suppose that I could change the time on my machine to whatever time zone they are in but that screws everything else up. I contacted Network Solutions and they were no help at all.

DET

Sunday, December 30, 2012 3:15 AM

Answers

• I can't duplicate your symptom. It doesn't happen for me. I can suggest that you try running FPCleaner for your version, since your metadata may be corrupted.

Oh, yeah, one other thing. You might want to recreate the site. Create a new site ("Site|New Site...") then set the Publishing Destination to your current host. Now publish the remote site down to the new local site. At that point, the metadata is fresh, and all files on both sides should show as "Unchanged."

Now, try editing a few files and publishing them, and see if that doesn't take care of the problem.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by DocTaylor Friday, January 11, 2013 10:58 PM
    Monday, December 31, 2012 4:24 AM
  • Thanks Scott,

I deleted everything from the server and reloaded it. Work great now..

Thanks for your help.

DET

• Marked as answer by DocTaylor Friday, January 11, 2013 10:59 PM
    Friday, January 11, 2013 10:59 PM

All replies

• What version are you talking about? I don't experience this issue, and my provider is three time zones away. As a matter of fact, IIRC, Paul B. told us that EW does not use timestamps to determine file status anyway.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

Sunday, December 30, 2012 3:18 AM
  • Scott, Thanks for the feed back. I probably just assumed that it was a time stamp difference. Once I publish my files the server comes back with the pencil icon for files that were changed on the server and the exclamation point for conflicts. This seems to happen almost immediately.  

I really appreciate your help and the help you have given me over the last year. Thanks

DET

Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:23 PM
  • Scott,

Sorry my fingers were to fast again.. I am using EW 4 Suite, on windows 7 Ultimate. Kind of in the final stages of testing all of the links and fixing things as I go along. So I am publishing several times a day.

DET

Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:29 PM
  • I can't duplicate your symptom. It doesn't happen for me. I can suggest that you try running FPCleaner for your version, since your metadata may be corrupted.

Oh, yeah, one other thing. You might want to recreate the site. Create a new site ("Site|New Site...") then set the Publishing Destination to your current host. Now publish the remote site down to the new local site. At that point, the metadata is fresh, and all files on both sides should show as "Unchanged."

Now, try editing a few files and publishing them, and see if that doesn't take care of the problem.

cheers,
    scott

• Marked as answer by DocTaylor Friday, January 11, 2013 10:58 PM
    Monday, December 31, 2012 4:24 AM
  • Scott,

I deleted everything off of the server and completely reloaded the site and it is now working properly. Thanks much..

DET

Friday, January 11, 2013 10:58 PM
  • Thanks Scott,

I deleted everything from the server and reloaded it. Work great now..

Thanks for your help.

DET

• Marked as answer by DocTaylor Friday, January 11, 2013 10:59 PM
    Friday, January 11, 2013 10:59 PM