sql server reportig services dynamically change charts by user RRS feed

• Question

• User1205663190 posted

is there any feature in SSRS which allows the user to change the Chart on the runtime in the interface like he is seeing the pie chart now but he wanted to see another chart . he change that to the chart he wanted. can i achieve this in SSRS

Thursday, June 2, 2011 5:46 AM

Answers

• User1471008070 posted

Hi,

Just like anishshenoy_7's reply, we have no build-in feature to achieve this requirement, besides

anishshenoy_7's workaround, I think you can also lay two pictures about column chart and pie chart, then give them a separate action of Go to report, you should create the column chart and pie chart in different report in advance.

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, June 6, 2011 11:32 PM

All replies

• User-96295490 posted

Hi,

There is nothing like a inbuilt function to do what your problem statement is but a work around is possible :

Steps :

1. Create a master table having different kind of charts specified with unique id for each

id Chart
    1 Pie

Bar

2. Then a parameter in the report which shoes the chart types for the user to select.

3. Draw all the charts before hand in the reports and set its visibility property to false.

4. Based on the parameter selection make the particular chart visible.

This will solve your problem statement.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

P.Anish Shenoy

"Mark this post as answer if this post helps you, it might help others also."

Thursday, June 2, 2011 9:02 AM
  • User1471008070 posted

Hi,

Just like anishshenoy_7's reply, we have no build-in feature to achieve this requirement, besides

anishshenoy_7's workaround, I think you can also lay two pictures about column chart and pie chart, then give them a separate action of Go to report, you should create the column chart and pie chart in different report in advance.

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, June 6, 2011 11:32 PM