Why is not my app displayed when search though already on store RRS feed

• Question

• My app was created a few months ago that I can not search it. Help me

Link app:

URL for Windows 10 https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh68k95

URL for Windows Phone 8.1 and earlier http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=5c42b941-9988-4ff9-b89c-c89f7e4e5232

Thanks!

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 2:22 AM

All replies

• Hello QuangHuy12345,

If you are still experiencing this issue, please create a request with us here through your developer account so we may assist you appropriately. Thank you!

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 8:35 PM
  • Hello, 

before about a month some of my apps got unpublished without an e-mail or any kind of notification. I think the reason was that they haven't got an age rating selected (no idea how that happened). So I made a new submission and they got published again. But since then my downloads are equal to 0... Very strange so I checked if they are on the store - and they are I can open the direct link. 
    Then I found the problem - I can't find my apps when I search for them.

Please Help!

Friday, January 8, 2016 5:58 AM
  • I am a developer, I develop and publish app on windows phone store for over a year, but in few months ago, my apps can not be searched on store without any notices?

Examlple: YTube app help user can download video from youtube:

Hard link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/ytube-free/9nblggh1nvht

Key word use to try: BTSwp (old publisher name), vbdev (new publisher name), ytube, youtube downloader, video downloader ... all give no result about my app.

Please help.

Friday, January 8, 2016 9:25 AM
  • Same issue here. And as far as I know a lot of developer all over the world are facing this issue since mid-November.
    Friday, January 8, 2016 4:23 PM
  • Yesterday I noticed that my app isn't visible anymore in the Windows Phone 8 App store (it was in the past). The direct link still works tough. See: https://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/store/apps/yellenge/9wzdncrds4fc

The App (Yellenge, identity: Owello.Yellenge) is updated a few days ago and got approved. I don't know if its because of the update or the store changed something.

The app is available in 190 of 242 markets (including the country where i live).
    I have the option: "
    Anyone can find your app in the Store" in the "Distribution and visibility" section of the store settings.
    The app is available in 4 languages: de-DE, en-US, fr-FR, nl-NL

1. Why is my app not visible (of searched for "Yellenge" or any other keyword) anymore?
    2. I also expect that between the a new update of the app and the approval, the old one is still downloadable, am i correct?

Saturday, January 9, 2016 7:43 PM
  • Microsoft is actually hiding most of the apps created by independent developers. Read the answer I got when I exposed the same issue the the tech support:

We are improving the Windows and Windows Phone Store in order to enhance discoverability of apps that target the broadest set of customers. Your apps can still be accessed through deep links and current users of the apps will still be able to receive updates.

We understand your concerns about your apps's experience with the search results. Your apps are published and can be found with the deeplinks. We recommend that you share the deeplinks via social media or your website for promoting your app to the public.

Thank you,

Kindest Regards,

Ashley A.

Hard to believe, but you better name yourself "Disney" or "Ubisoft" or "Gameloft" or nobody will be able to find your apps unless they have a deeplink

Saturday, January 9, 2016 9:01 PM
  • Microsoft is actually hiding most of the apps created by independent developers. Read the answer I got when I exposed the same issue the the tech support:

We are improving the Windows and Windows Phone Store in order to enhance discoverability of apps that target the broadest set of customers. Your apps can still be accessed through deep links and current users of the apps will still be able to receive updates.

We understand your concerns about your apps's experience with the search results. Your apps are published and can be found with the deeplinks. We recommend that you share the deeplinks via social media or your website for promoting your app to the public.

Thank you,

Kindest Regards,

Ashley A.

Hard to believe, but you better name yourself "Disney" or "Ubisoft" or "Gameloft" or nobody will be able to find your apps unless they have a deeplink

Saturday, January 9, 2016 9:02 PM
  • I published my app to the Store on 6th. It was successful. Later on, I found some bug and fixed it. I updated it. I received a notification on 7th that the app has passed certification and will be available in the Store in 16 hours. Today is 10th, I can't find my app when I search for it in the Store. Please help!

Name of app is "Happy Sound-Board"

ClintonYeboah

Sunday, January 10, 2016 4:05 PM
  • What does your Windows Dev Center dashboard say in 'App overview'?
    Sunday, January 10, 2016 4:12 PM
  • Sorry, I forgot to add that to add that. It says "In the Store"

ClintonYeboah

Sunday, January 10, 2016 4:16 PM
  • Sorry, I forgot to add that to add that. It says "In the Store"

ClintonYeboah

That's in the dasboard overview, but what is the status in the 'App overview'?

There could be another status like in my example:

The first app:

The second app:

So you see that in the first image both apps are 'In the store' but the second app is actually 'Not for sale' (not in the store).

Maybe your app has also another status over there...

Sunday, January 10, 2016 4:27 PM

• ClintonYeboah

Sunday, January 10, 2016 4:30 PM
  • After the status changed to 'In the store' most times it takes a couple of hours before the app actually shows in the store. Maybe the store is a bit slow these days. I think you should wait for another day...

Edit:

http://wmpoweruser.com/developer-windows-store-issues-will-kill-popular-apps-independent-developers/

Sunday, January 10, 2016 4:46 PM
  • 3 of my Apps which were getting more than 5000 downloads per day has been removed from windows phone store search results since 7 january 2016. This store issue will certainly kill the independent developers. Kindly fix the issue ASAP
    Monday, January 11, 2016 6:01 AM
  • 3 of my Apps which were getting more than 5000 downloads per day has been removed from windows phone store search results since 7 january 2016. This store issue will certainly kill the independent developers. Kindly fix the issue ASAP
    Monday, January 11, 2016 6:02 AM
  • Hello,

It is to inform you all about very Serious issue with windows store that has caused 2 of my OLD apps not searchable. These 2 apps are more than 2 years old & has got more than 1 million downloads and were receiving more than  5k daily downloads. But since,  7 january 2016, these apps are not searchable from the store and downloads have been dropped to 90%. Please reply if you are facing same issue.

Looking forward for the response from microsoft.

• Merged by Justin H. - MSFT Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:19 PM Same Issue/Answer
    Monday, January 11, 2016 6:44 AM
  • Hello,

My apps are also missing from the store. microsoft should be working to fix it or otheriwise we have to raise our voice through social media

Monday, January 11, 2016 2:26 PM