none
Can not create Azure Cloud services project

Question

• I downloaded Azure cloud services SDK V2.8.2 and installed VC# 2015 along with it.

I am running Windows 10.

On opening VS->New Project -> Select Azure Cloud service -> Add ASP.NET web role and Worker Role and select create.

I get an error "Input string was not in correct format"

I had not given any other input i.e. used the default names selected by VS for the project. I do not see this issue with other projects (example mobile apps.).

Please help.

Friday, January 29, 2016 6:31 PM

Answers

• Thanks for your response.

Above suggestions did not help.

The issue was - I had a stale registry "managed\\v4.0" in msbuild. Once I cleared it, I could make progress on this machine. I had tried downloading the package on another machine and did not run into any issues.

• Marked as answer by Shiv Rajpal Tuesday, February 2, 2016 1:57 AM
    Tuesday, February 2, 2016 1:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Shiv Rajpal,

Which version of Visual Studio 2015 are you using?

I create a sample Azure Cloud service based on your description with Visual Studio Enterprise 2015 without Update 1 on Windows 10, everything works fine in my side.

Please try restore the default project templates with following steps.

1. In the command prompt, navigate to the location of devenv.exe. This file is located in <Visual Studio Installation Path>\Common7\IDE
    2. Type "devenv /installvstemplates" and press Enter.

If still has this problem, please try repair your Visual Studio through Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Visual Studio 2015 -> Change -> Repair.

In addition, please check the ActiveLog.xml under the path of %AppData%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0. This file will log all operations when you operate Visual Studio.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, February 1, 2016 5:58 AM
  • Thanks for your response.

Above suggestions did not help.

The issue was - I had a stale registry "managed\\v4.0" in msbuild. Once I cleared it, I could make progress on this machine. I had tried downloading the package on another machine and did not run into any issues.

• Marked as answer by Shiv Rajpal Tuesday, February 2, 2016 1:57 AM
    Tuesday, February 2, 2016 1:57 AM