Pin to Startmenue

Question

• Hi,

I tried to use the context menu and the "pin to Start menu" option to pin an executable to the Startmenu but it didn`t worked.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:19 PM

Answers

• I just tried this and it does not work - it seems like a bug or a hold over from the Win7-era context menu.  Can you please submit a bug  report on this?
    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:42 AM
  • Hey Geotso,

You can submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program. If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview.  There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here

Steven
    Monday, September 26, 2011 7:04 PM

All replies

• Can you explain exactly how you attempted this?
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:27 PM
  • The same thing happens to me, it only allows you to pin applications installed through an installer but not just any .exe files, I used to do that by dragging a shortcut to the start menu or with right click and ''pin to start menu' but that doesn't work anymore
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:21 PM
  • I just tried this and it does not work - it seems like a bug or a hold over from the Win7-era context menu.  Can you please submit a bug  report on this?
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:42 AM
  • Where should I submit such reports to?

A link please?

Saturday, September 24, 2011 12:05 PM
  • Hey Geotso,

You can submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program. If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview.  There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here

Steven
    Monday, September 26, 2011 7:04 PM