none
How to configure app.config for Addin class? RRS feed

• Question

• I have an addin developed and now i want to configure the log4net to this addin. I have configured the addin like Configuring the log4net

The logs are not created in the target folder as mentioned. How can I do this? I have just made a trial to refer to my other project's app.config , it dint work. I also created a new Excel.exe.config and still it dint work.

How can I do this?

Roopini

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 7:04 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Roopini,

What is the target folder of your add-in?

You may find the Configuring log4net in a VSTO forum thread and Using log4net in VSTO  blog post helpful.

• Marked as answer by Roopini Wednesday, June 18, 2014 9:28 AM
    Tuesday, June 17, 2014 11:11 AM
  • The solution folder is c drive and the target folder is Program FilesX86. The configuration for manifest file is [TARGETDIR]MyExcel.vsto|vstolocal . I have created a Excel.exe.config and have copied this file to ProgramFiles X86 -> Microsoft Office -> Office 14 and also have added

[assembly: log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator(ConfigFile = "Excel.exe.config", Watch = true)] i the assembly info class. But still it seems not working.

Roopini

• Edited by Roopini Wednesday, June 18, 2014 9:20 AM info change
    Wednesday, June 18, 2014 9:17 AM
  • I changed this [assembly: log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator(ConfigFile = "Excel.exe.config", Watch = true)] to

[assembly: log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator(Watch = true)] and now it seems to be working fine.

Thanks Eugene.

Roopini

• Marked as answer by Roopini Wednesday, June 18, 2014 9:28 AM
    Wednesday, June 18, 2014 9:27 AM