[RS:1803][UWP] Color Picker Control broken since the Windows 10 April 2018 update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm currently developing a Windows 10 UWP app that uses the standard UWP Color Picker Control. Ever since the last major update (April 2018) the color picker control does not work properly anymore.

The circle indicating the currently selected color does not move and always stays in the top left corner. The rest of the control works as expected.

I have encountered this issue on multiple windows 10 machines. I have also tested this with a new empty project with just the Color Picker Control on the main page.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

If so, is there a workaround or will i have to wait for an update to fix this?

Friday, May 25, 2018 10:30 AM

Answers

• Hi TumTumTree,

After testing, I could reproduce the problem with the XamlUIBasics sample that using windows 10 build 16299 SDK. But I I checked the lasted XamlUIBasics  sample using Windows 10 Build 17134 SDK. It works well in windows 10 build 17134.

As a suggestion, you could try to upgrade the SDK and have a test again.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 2:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Since your case is more related to UWP app, I will move it to UWP forum for better support.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,

Baron Bi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 28, 2018 6:28 AM
  • Hi TumTumTree,

After testing, I could reproduce the problem with the XamlUIBasics sample that using windows 10 build 16299 SDK. But I I checked the lasted XamlUIBasics  sample using Windows 10 Build 17134 SDK. It works well in windows 10 build 17134.

As a suggestion, you could try to upgrade the SDK and have a test again.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 2:26 AM
  • Changing the Projects Target SDK from 16299 to 17134 solved the problem!

Thanks for the help!

Monday, June 4, 2018 11:25 AM